It is very important to remember that children look to adults for guidance on how to react to stressful events. Specific guidelines suggest the following:
- Remain calm and reassuring.
- Make yourself available.
- Avoid excessive blaming.
- Monitor television viewing and social media.
- Maintain a normal routine to the extent possible.
- Be honest and accurate by checking the website.
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Review and model basic hygiene for protection.
- Discuss new rules at school.
- Communicate with your school.
*Courtesy of National Association of School Psychologists